Posts tagged "internetz is my otp"
Right back atcha
“To be able to talk to your heart’s content about a book you like with someone who feels the same way about it is one of the greatest joys that life can offer.”
—Haruki Murakami (via murakamistuff)
#ifeelbetterer, #cinquespotted, #dustanddaemons, #professorspork, #nocigar
the feeling is definitely mutual MWAH
the good thing about being a mulitfandom blog is that no one knows what you will post next
I legit don’t understand how you could be a single-fandom tumblr. Like…do you keep swatting your own hand away from the keyboard when your feelings wander? Do you hit yourself in the nose with a newspaper when something shiny and new attracts your attention?
lol when you are catching up on your dash after something HUGE happened in fandom but you get it backwards so you start with
5 jokes jokes jokes hahahaha
4 the latent wave of social analysis/criticism
3 BABBLING RHAPSODIES OF CHARACTER FEELINGS LIKE AN OVERFLOWING BROOK OF LIQUID TEARS
2. like 86 people in a row reblogging the same fuzzy gifset and crying
1 text posts that just say LAKJGAHGAWHAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WHY
there is nothing here that is inaccurate
a thing about queerbaiting
- a great deal of show creators/writers are aware of fandom and slash. people have been tweeting creators/actors their fanfiction for a really long time.
- also Google is a thing.
- as is the New York Times, TIME, The Guardian and many other news sources.
- fandom and fanfiction is not a secret; the idea that slash is popular among women is not a secret and that involvement with fandom creates loyal fans.
- thus creators and writers will throw little bones to fandom via queerbaiting
- this is sort of bad
- queerbaiting involves fetishizing queerness but never committing to it. queerbaiting is like playing gay chicken, queerbaiting is meant to tantalize but not explore the relationship, queer baiting is the equivalent of telling your friend you care but then screaming loudly as possible NO HOMO
- queerbaiting is not progress
- thank you for letting me use bullet points
I support the content….and also the use of bullet points.
Thus, the “Horny Dylan” photoset was born.
I think #nuzzlenuzzlenuzzle is my new baseline reaction. I should just change my name to nuzzle and call it a day.
in case you were having a bad day,
here’s a picture of Yo-Yo Ma, the famous cellist,
on the floor with a wombat.
Every time I think the internet has found the best and most random thing and put it on my dash….something like this teaches me to be humble in the face of the internet’s magnificent scope for crazy.
I just want all of my Tumblr friends to split the rent on a mansion and live in separate bedrooms where we can all have individual introverted privacy but also eat and watch shows together like all the time and just all be perfect roommates
It’d make dying alone with cats less boring
I have often had this dream about a brownstone in Manhattan—that we’d all have our own apartments and then run into each other in the elevators, watch each other’s animals while someone’s away on vacation, and be constantly taking turns hosting movie night.
OKAY Y’ALL HERE IS A LESSON IN INTERNET ETIQUETTE
- THERE ARE THINGS YOU CAN SAY ON YOUR BLOG
- ON YOUR TWITTER EVEN
- ABOUT SLASH
- OR COUPLES
- OR I DON’T EVEN CARE WHAT
- BUT THE VERY FUCKING SECOND
- THAT YOU START TWEETING THIS TO THE ACTUAL CELEBRITIES THEMSELVES
- AND FUCKING STOP
- BECAUSE NO NO NO
There needs to be a secret vow or something, with hoods and candles and a graveyard, about how we shall not speak of these things to the celebrities.