television shows I universally reccomend
A friend asked me the other day to make a list of the shows I keep telling her to watch because it’s hard to keep track of them all from the perspective of outside my head. (I recommend things to people like….it’s like a good 85% of conversation with me.)
I should also point out that this is how accepting a recommendation from me works:
You know that scene in Devdas where he explains to Chandramukhi that he’s a goblet that’s already filled with Paro and that her love for him (and his love for her) can do nothing but spill over the sides—and she responds that at least she caresses the goblet as she spills down the side? No? Well, go watch that movie.
When I watch a new thing, I am like the goblet and someone is just relieving me of the burden of overflowing when they join me in my devotions. I consider it a favor to me if you join me, is what I’m saying.
Have a list (in no particular order and to be revised forever):
- Slings and Arrows
- Black Books
- The Hour
- Gavin and Stacey
- Star Trek (especially TOS and DS9)
- The Twilight Zone
- La Femme Nikita (the one from the 90s)
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer (but you should talk to me first, during, and after, because I have stipulations with Joss)
- one of the USA bromance shows (they’re not all created equal and some work for some people better than others)
- Gilmore Girls
- Battlestar Galactica
- Xena: Warrior Princess
- The Good Wife
- Life on Mars (THERE IS NO AMERICAN VERSION)
- Parks and Recreation
More will be added forever when I think of them/discover them.